Friday 26 April 2013

Dance Workshop Intervention


I taught a dance workshop to a group of my students in order to evaluate and analyse the effectiveness of using technology in a dance lesson. I choose to use DVD clips of professional dance works and Video Feedback, as these were the tools identified as most useful in my recent survey.

The Intervention proved to help my students make outstanding progress. Showing a DVD clip was a good use of time management as my students could observe and analyse professional dance works fairly prompt and then take this as inspiration to create their own version of a dance battle.

Through use of video feedback my students were able to observe and critically reflect on their own work. They made individual and group improvements to their choreography. All students made outstanding progress to meet the criteria for higher grade of achievement in their assessment.

I did however run out of time at the end of the workshop. In future I plan to show the students their work side by side with the Professional dance work clip for comparison. I could do this by using the "Dart fish" programme recommended by Lee Webb during one of my interviews. I would preferably re-record students work again in a later rehearsal, also for comparison and further self reflection.

Other visual aids such as a picture and Power Point Presentation can be effective if used appropriately and for the right reasons (relevant to the task).

No comments:

Post a Comment