Monday 5 March 2012

Study time

I just read Pauline's post and can relate to the pressure of finding suitable study time. With our school show running next week and an extensive rehearsal timetable on top of classes (and looking after my baby daughter),  I have now made a study diary for BAPP.  I will read the books recommended by Alan and continue writing my personal journal. What else can I read to aid my research and support reflective practise. Has anyone got any suggestions for further reading? Thank you, Gemma.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gemma,
    I empathise with your dilemma. I don't have any further reading ideas to offer you, but I will try to post more on my Blog in the coming weeks.
    Have you started to read the Reader 2 for Module One? I have found this very useful as it offers us the opinions of "key thinkers" such as Kolb, Dewey & Lewin about turning experience into learning...It has also helped me with the task of writing my journal. I have so far realised that my Blog is in fact my journal.
    I hope this helps Gemma. I just wanted to know that you're not alone...keep Blogging when you can. It has really helped me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo,

    I have read "reader 2" and I am currently researching reflective practise through further reading (Dewey).

    I have found Dewey interesting and truely find value in some of his ideas, such as; "one of the defining characteristics of professional practice is the capacity to reflect on action so as to engage in a process of continuous learning". Therefore those practitioners who self assess, evaluate and reflect on their own performance are most likely to achieve progress in their work. However the more you reflect the more critical you think? I suppose the key in finding positive outcomes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. *I suppose the key is in finding positive outcomes?

    ReplyDelete