Saturday 10 November 2012

Ethics involved in my proposal - SIG Discussion - 5D

I have recently discovered the importance of ethical practise. I will need to gain permission from my students in order to carry out my enquiry on using ICT in dance. Following the theory of "Obligation" I will create a disclaimer to re-assure students that they will remain anonymous and clarify there is no penalty for refusing to take part. I will be acting as a teacher researcher.

I also plan to research the work of John Hattie on visible learning for teachers and his distribution of effect sizes.

Your feedback on ethics and advise for further research is welcome?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gemma,

    Well done, researching children is a brave area, but well worth the outcome. Do you have the support of the establishment you teach at? i'm thinking this will be vital. any thoughts?

    Ahmet

    ReplyDelete