Thursday 14 March 2013

Critical Review Introduction - first draft basic ideas


Introduction – draft 1

My Professional Inquiry looked into the effectiveness of using media in dance education. I looked at different forms of media. Using DVD clips to show students examples of professional dance work, using a camera to record students rehearsals and performances, using a television or projector to watch the video footage for student self-evaluation, using Power point presentations to link the previous tools together, making it more simple and time efficient to include media tools in a dance class. I created a survey to find out the opinions of others in a related profession. I interviewed another dance teacher who runs head of house competitions, University tutors in higher education, an IT technician, Deputy head of P.E at my college (who uses the ” Dart Fish” programme on an “I-Pad” to show students video feedback of their own work using two clips on a split screen to make comparisons for exam classes), a friend who produces programmes for the ITV, who explained to me that the C200 camera is now available to hire making it easier for more people to produce programmes.

I will be looking further into the information gathered and analysing results soon.


5 comments:

  1. Hey Gemma,
    Great to see you yesterday. I must say it was a good session, will write an update myself. By the way you left a really nice black pen behind, I gave it to Paula to keep for you.
    Best Wishes,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good... I have found that when trying to write mine I have been a bit repetitive...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys,

    Thank you, it is just a start, from the exercise we did in pairs. Great to see you both. Daniel I have sent you SOW and Lesson plans for assessment / video feedback lesson (to your FB). Pauline, i did realise i forgot my pen once home, no worries. Thank you.

    Good luck with your inquiries. Lets stay in touch x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gemma,

    This is a great. Good to see you making a start with the writing. Do you think you will give more of a taster of you analysis in it once you've finished that? Or did you aim to not mention the findings too soon?

    Ahmet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ahmet.

    At the moment I will be keeping the four sections separate while the work is still in process. I am continuing to gather further data, however I have also started to analysis my findings so far, so can post some ideas soon.

    I would like to thank you for your continued blogs and inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete