Monday 25 February 2013

Campus session 1

Prior to attending the campus session on Friday 22nd February I had an idea of what I needed to do but no real action plan to implement these ideas. The campus session helped me to focus and to prioritise the tasks that lye ahead.

Step 1: Review feedback from plan etc - Action: I have sent my changes to my tutor.
Step 2: Literature review / gaining permission etc - Action: I am reading and carrying out further research. I am preparing my disclaimer forms to gain student/teacher consent.
Step 3: Carry out inquiry and activities - Action: I am starting to prepare / make arrangements to gather date (lesson observations / workshop / survey / interviews etc).

We each created a diagram to represent our opinion of a professional inquiry. Some of the key words were;


*Thinking forward (making changes for the fututre)
*Reflecting


*Reading
*Research
*Experimenting

*Collecting data
*Analysing data
*Gaining knowledge
*Observing others
*Beneficial (to ourselves and others)

These diagrams looked similar to the Kolb Cycle mode. Relating to his module for question and answer, reading, looking, analysing and sharing (see link).


http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=kolb+cycle&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=oHErUcjAB9Sp0AXOuYGQDA&sqi=2&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1447&bih=874#imgrc=MrChcMToY5I1uM%3A%3BPIXPm2m_Dr2VHM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fserc.carleton.edu%252Fimages%252Fintrogeo%252Fenviroprojects%252Fkolb_cycle.gif%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fserc.carleton.edu%252Fintrogeo%252Fenviroprojects%252Fwhat.html%3B305%3B325




Also see Paula Nottinghams blog for her power point presentation (lots of pictures) to inspire :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gemma,

    Thank you so so much for blogging about campus session, veRy kind of you as I am sure you are very busy with your lovely new baby, Congrats you are amazing! Im glad you didnt defer I value your ideas and blogs and Im glad we are heading into Module 3 together. It wont be long in coming in. I feel like I now have a plan since taking notes from you and Paula after campus session update,Im back from Oz and over jetlag.
    Look forward to blogging,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi pauline,

    You have had an exciting time recently, a little jealous, he,he. Yes the children are lovely but time consuming so finding the time for Uni work has been difficult, but I have now made a timetable for study :)

    Will you be attending the next campus session on Wednesday 13th March? Looking forward to it and would be great to catch up.

    Love Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gemma,

    Yes! I will be attending the next campus session , Im really looking forward to it . I feel a bit at sea!

    Look forward to seeing you.
    Love Pauline

    ReplyDelete