Sunday 21 October 2012

Award title - 4D

I work within the discipline of dance and drama, having trained full time and gaining my teaching qualifications in dance genres with the ISTD. I have been teaching dance for the past ten years in private dance schools and colleges. In recent years I have been working within comprehensive secondary schools, where I have become more versatile as a performing arts practitioner. I now devise schemes of work for dance and drama classes from key stage three to sixth form students, assessing and grading BTEC work for examination.

Due to the Government changes to the national curriculum dance may become less favourable as a subject for enriching students creative learning. Headteachers will become more pressurised to place greater emphasis on curriculum subjects for raising examination results in their school. I plan to continue to expand my knowledge and teaching abilities. This diversity in my workplace will certainly benefit me in the forthcoming years.  I therefore propose my award title to be;

BA(Hons) Professional Practise in Performing Arts

1 comment:

  1. Gemma
    Your rationale is wound - perhaps this is something to keep in mind in terms of the use of ICT in Dance. Do you see what you are doing as ICT in performing arts? - is that what performing arts represents drama and dance?

    I just had a google and seems sound

    http://www.edexcel.com/quals/firsts2012/performing-arts/Documents/BTEC%20Firsts%20in%20Performing%20Arts%20from%202012%20qualification%20structure.pdf

    ReplyDelete