Monday 29 October 2012

Task 5A

At my place of work, I/we (the teaching/staff community) have a responsibility to its students. Ethics are an under lying factor which steer every movement within this organisation. Legal requirements for child safety and well-being must be followed by every member of staff, reflecting on the "Every Child Matters" policy 2002.
  • Be healthy
  • Stay safe
  • Enjoy and achieve
  • Make a positive contribution
  • Achieve economic well-being
  • The social, moral and emotional welfare of each child is also of up most importance. I believe that it is these ethics relating to child development that guide the schools own policies, thus promoting our own working methods and strategies.

    I had not previously given this much thought, and now find myself questioning 'Why' and 'How' I represent myself in a particular way within my place of work. Devising lessons, assessing students and inputting data must all take into account the ethic values of my organisation and individuals. So what exactly are these?

    1 comment:

    1. Codes of ethics for my profession also include health and safety, such as warm ups, stretching routines and appropriate dress code. I must plan for inclusive practise, differentiating for individual students needs. What is viewed as acceptable ethics may vary and change in different environments/situations. I must therefore conduct myself to work within the Government legislations, as well as following the policies/guidelines of my organisation, to maintain high standards.

      ReplyDelete