Saturday 20 October 2012

Reflection regarding my survey for 4A

The feedback I have received so far from my survey suggests that some ICT tools may be of greater use for my enquiry than others.

Most colleagues, students and friends in my special interest group have favoured using DVD clips and video feedback over Power point and I-Movies. My recommendation for showing students professional dance works to further educate and inspire them had positive feedback. I also plan to investigate using video feedback for assessment purposes, an idea which has received mixed reviews from students (some struggling from embarrassment and others keen to self reflect). Power point presentation got mixed reviews with regards to its relevance within the dance studio. Many appear to believe that I-Movies will be too time consuming as part of a dance session and take the emphasis away from the practical elements of dance training. This tool could instead benefit projects in a cross curriculum format?

I will now make adaptations to my questions on reflection of these findings, and strive to survey a wider group of colleagues, students and friends.

1 comment:

  1. The only restriction I see in using this tools is perhaps some of the limited yes/no answers it illicit - could better us be made of options and explanations, and the need to ask a bout underlying pedagogic strategies for the use of ICT. Work at this level can be practical, but you may also be seeking the conceptual underpinnings of the practice - and use that knowledge to gather research to enable a more in-deptha analysis of your data.

    just some google for ideas...

    http://uu.academia.edu/LiesbethWildschut

    http://www.researchgate.net/publication/27710068_The_Reflective_Dancer__ICT_Support_for_Practical_Training

    Teaching in Higher Education
    Volume 13, Issue 2, 2008
    Pedagogy before technology: what should an ICT intervention facilitate in practical dance classes?
    DOI:10.1080/13562510801923351

    ReplyDelete